Integrated Behavioral and Educational Services and Training, LLC
Francine Baffa, PhD, BCBA-D
Integrated Behavioral and Educational Services and Training offers a complete array of professional consulting services for autism spectrum and related disorders, including:
- Direct interventions to complement school programs
- Social Skills Training and Groups
- Records review
- Educational and other evaluations including ADOS, ADI-R, ABLLS-R, VB-MAPP
- Instructional special needs assessments using tools such as ASIEP-3 and SRS
- Evaluation of current and/or prospective educational and behavioral programs
- Participation at school PPT/IEP meetings
- IEP (Individualized Educational Program) development
- Conduct functional behavior assessments and compile behavioral intervention plans
- Oversee program implementation
- Referrals to appropriate diagnostic services and/or related service providers
- BCBA Supervision
- Parent training and workshops
Home based behavioral services
In–home direct instruction can be provided for your child to address academic, social and behavioral challenges. Additionally home based services include transition programming to assist with regular routines and activities of daily living.
Evaluation and assessment
Using scientifically proven tools we look at your child’s current level of functioning and help design the most effective program with inherent school and home curriculum for them to develop to their potential.
Our staff is available to consult with school districts and individual families for the purpose of enhancing educational social programs.
Intensive 1:1 instruction
Individualized instruction is a bridge to success in so many ways. Dr Baffa teaches children one-on-one, in the home or in a community setting, in a way that allows them to learn language, play and social skills together. Additionally we can design and implement Applied Behavior Analysis instructional programs for school districts, or assess the effectiveness of existing programs.
Shadowing in school and community locations
Trained professionals will accompany your child in both school and community setting to facilitate social interactions through modeling and prompting.
Training for school districts and service providers
As a special education and regular education teacher trained in universal design and familiar with the scope and sequence in academic areas, Dr Baffa can provide staff training on how to best service and include students in classes with peers, as well as receive the individualized instruction and support they require for success.
Interactions with others are guided by social rules and expectations. For those children with autism spectrum disorders, it is challenging to initiate and read social innuendos in their environment.
Necessary development of social skills requires a level of social cognition and direct instruction in joint attention, taking perspectives, and reading non verbal communication.
We focus on the following accepted 10 categories, ensuring that these social skills are introduced in a systematic fashion that can be generalized to home, school and community settings.
- Joint Attention — acknowledging and attending to others; making and maintaining eye contact
- Greetings — acknowledging and greeting others
- Social Play — interacting with others, engaging in play, recognizing common interests
- Self Awareness — sense of proximity, delaying reinforcement, monitoring own behavior
- Conversation — acknowledging and responding to another person’s conversation, initiating and sustaining conversation
- Perspective Taking — labeling personal feelings and feelings of others, showing compassion, knowing own behavior affects reactions of others and changing it appropriately
- Critical Thinking — problem solving, planning what comes next
- Non Verbal Communication — interpreting social cues, facial expressions, body language
- Friendship — recognizing someone as a friend, sustaining that friendship
- Community/Home Skills — independence and comfort in the community and throughout everyday experiences
Contact us now for a consultation to see how we may be able to help.